Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Twitter Police



Since all the cool kids are tweeting now, I decided to test the waters. After all, I don't want to be in the same boat with anti-trend curmudgeons who think social networking is just a big identity theft scam.

But after a few weeks, I still don't quite get Twitter. I mean, I can see how it would be useful if you're a known personality or an up-and-comer trying to build an audience. One of my friends tweets regularly about fitness, and another friend with a newspaper column uses Twitter to connect with readers. That makes sense to me. Somehow, I can't imagine anyone wants to know that "I'm emptying the litterbox" or "looking for my daughter's other Hello Kitty sock." The team behind this hilarious Landline TV video clearly agrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment